Monday, May 19, 2008

The Resolution


It was Monday morning again. I could clearly hear sound of birds. I was still not ready to get up but daylight was piercing my eyes. Unwillingly I picked up clock and exclaimed, God! Its 7.45 a.m. already. My head still hurts; I remembered I was up past three last night. I kept on watching anime for above 16 long hours excluding short breaks which I took for food and other necessary calls. Asking myself why could not I keep myself aloof of animes. But this time it was decided that from morning onwards no flunking of classes and no more lengthy anime sessions. In midst of brooding process I started to think about today’s classes schedule. I didn’t have first hour, thanks to Akshat and company our a-slot on Mondays and Tuesday was altered to two hours class on Friday afternoon. The thought of not having class made my mind easy and I decided to keep lying for few more minutes. I realized need of covering my face to avoid dazzling light interrupt my sweet sleep. I felt presence of wrinkled blanket which entwined around my body, after a futile struggle of freeing it I gave up and buried my face under pillow.

Next time my eyes opened clock suggested it was past 8. My entire body was in cramps. Something struck my mind, the resolution I made yesterday night and I got up suddenly. But sitting on bed for two minutes I felt urge to lie down again. I thought there will be some new release (anime) I should download them now as speed is high during morning hours. I thought it will be good idea for me to switch on my computer and browse some of regular sites. I switched on system putting up argument to myself that I am just going to download newly released episodes of animes I was already watching and won’t show any interest in new series. Here I am using my anime affection to break shackles of my morning laziness. It was for my good so it is justified. I walked out of my room, came back from bathroom and system here in my room was well ready for all my surfing expedition. I was delighted to see some of long awaited episodes were up. I queued them to my download list, with a thought on my mind there is nothing wrong in doing so because I am not going to watch it. I stepped away from my computer and switched off monitor.

I walked out of room with plan of reading newspaper. Outside my room in corridor I saw three monkeys fighting over some leftover they got from dustbin. They had dug all the waste from dust bin and it was all scattered around. My eyes noticed that water can had arrived, I told myself I better keep water in my room before they (monkeys) get thirsty. Finishing off water securing operation I picked up newspaper from Ashwin’s door, the guy next to next door. Scrolling through headlines I remember something, yeah it was about time 1st download was over, I got to resume next one. I told myself there is no need to do it because the sole purpose of starting download was to wake myself up and that is already fulfilled. But then opposing argument came up I am downloading stuff for other anime fans who’d bug me if I stop sharing new stuff. Inside I knew it’s just an excuse I can certainly tell them that I am out of it and there is no need for me to continue sharing. I was deeply devoted into meditation when suddenly I heard a loud yell “ Go…. Chan” . I shuddered as some demon has popped up just at my back.  Then I realized it is ‘cupper’ alias ‘dra-chan’ who loves to make trouble for others by playing tricks. I remembered a close resemblance between his act and monkeys I saw today morning. The way other will sneak behind one to scare other and tries to get leftovers other is digging. The thought made me smile. I affirmed myself there is certainly close resemblance between our dra chan and monkeys out there. The previous occasion when I had heard dra growling at sight of monkeys seemed to confirm my idea. Until last semester, Dra used to stay in 4th room from mine but he had shifted to next room this semester. The life certainly became noisier as he moved close but there was a compensation. The previous resident used to hear music at high volume which used to disturb me while my sleep and I was too lazy to get up and tell him to keep it down. I thought there was nothing that could have been done since my sleeping hours were quite random, there by leaving me in no position to issue any instructions or making any requests about music hours scheduling.

The newspaper reading process induced some dizziness again. I really had really struggled hard to finish some two or three articles in editorial page. I decided to replace newspaper back. Clock suggested that I still had 10 minutes for next class. I started to wonder what to do now. Reading something is out of question as it makes me sleepy and if I do some more reading I am definitely going to fall asleep in class which was obviously not desirable situation. The thought of watching one anime episode come to my mind. I decided to start one and there is no need to watch whole one. I‘ll definitely turn it off after 10 minutes.  I am still using it to achieve desired goals only so there shouldn’t be any objections. I begin to watch anime and time passed by, series was at its climax I didn’t realize when I passed across the decided limit and when episode ended it was already 15 minutes past class time.  Something inside me complained “what happened to resolution that you won’t watch anime anymore and will devote time in attended classes”. I replied “OK.This time it is seriously going to be last time. “ With this I clicked on next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment